What’s in a name? How does it sound if it’s one of these? Would you suggest another?
- A Personal Board of Directors
- The Consultation Group
- A Peer-review Board
- An on-board Crew
- A 12-Step Program
- Your Mentoring System
- A “Bull Pen”
- Your Cohort
- A Management Team
- A Care-share Team
- A Support Group
To Ask, or Not to Ask? Do you?
- Ask for advice?
- Float ideas?
- Show independence by doing it yourself?
- Solicit input?
- Invite others’ expertise?
- Expand horizons?
- Scream “help me!”?
When to Use It? Different issues? Different times? Different groups?
- When asked for a loan, or to co-sign?
- Evaluating a plan for a family member’s business?
- Buying a house or making donations?
- When choosing an advisor or school or new career?
- When moving, planning an event, or evaluating an “opportunity”?